Wednesday 14 March 2012

Finally- a quilt of my own

In between all my friends having babies I have never had time to make a quilt for Hubby and I.
I decided to change this about 6 months ago, and bought the fabrics but never really got round to making the quilt. About a month ago, inspiration took over and I started cutting and took over our living room when Hubby was away on business. Last night, I finally finished piecing the top.

(Sorry for the bad quality photo-taken with Iphone this morning in my excitement)

We have decided that this is not going to be a quilt for our bed, but will be a HUGE wall hanging as we have a large white wall we have never found the right size picture for.

I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew as it is so large (Floor to ceiling square) and I only have a tiny sewing machine, but I have decided on a nice simple straight line quilting pattern which should compliment the piecing nicely. I'll save that for a rainy day though =)

No comments:

Post a Comment