Saturday 12 January 2013

Where did December go?

I'm not sure what happened to December, but I know it whizzed past in a flash.

We had our windows replaced in our house on the 17th, so Christmas was short and sweet this year. No decorations up until the guys had finished, so our tree had to wait until the 22nd to go up. I hadn't appreciated how few trees are left by then, but luckily we managed a little beauty. It was only 5ft tall and most of that was the top spike, but some fairy lights and baubles later it looked gorgeous.

I had put it up while hubby was at work and had it all ready twinkling in the window when he got home. He was a very happy man as it was a complete surprise to have a tree this year. We then went ice skating in our local park-so much fun!

We had a very relaxed Christmas day at my parent's house, and then went to my in-laws family for the weekend before New Year.

The New Year brought colds and illness to our house and I was asleep at 9:30pm (such a rock-star). Hubby woke me up to see the fireworks and then I went back to bed.

There are many exciting things in the plans for 2013, but more of that to come =)


No comments:

Post a Comment