Wednesday 29 May 2013

My love of buttons

My Grandma started an early love of mine when I was very little. She would give me her huge box of buttons to play with and tell me to find as many pairs as I could or find all of a particular colour. This would keep me quiet for hours.
My favourite was a tiny pot of pearl buttons which I would love. They all matched and they were like tiny jewels. I now have this in my Grandma's sewing chest in my sewing room as well as many of her buttons.



She was so careful to tie them all together so it was easy to find a set.
I have added in my own buttons and now have a lovely collection



Of course not forgetting those on the wall



And the pictures of them



I just hope that one day I will be able to keep visiting children quiet with my massive button pot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment